Evening Fire Causes Significant Fire to Home


February 28, 2019


Fire Chief Andrew Smith

(541) 747-3104


Evening Fire Causes Significant Fire to Home

Snow hampers firefighter access

Shortly after 8 PM on Wednesday, February 27, crews from Pleasant Hill Goshen Fire & Rescue were dispatched to a reported house fire on Zephyr Way in Pleasant Hill. Due to snow and ice, crews were slowed in their response and were met by low hanging lines attempting to get into the neighborhood.

Firefighters found a fire in the kitchen and attic space of the house. The occupants and their pets were not at home during the time of the fire. Firefighters were able to extinguish the stubborn attic fire within an hour and protect some classic cars stored in the attached garage. There is no power currently in this area and snowed in conditions created challenges around the house for firefighters.

Pleasant Hill Goshen Fire & Rescue responded with 1 Chief, 2 engines, 2 tenders and two rescue vehicles and were assisted by Dexter, Lowell and South Lane County Fire and Rescue. In total 27 firefighters responded to the scene. Fire cause is believed to be related to a faulty chimney that caused an attic fire above the kitchen space. No damage estimate is currently available.


Pleasant Hill Goshen Fire & Rescue has been established via IGA in 2018 following a Fire Authority Model. The Fire Authority has 4 career staff and 40 volunteer firefighters collectively. The Fire Authority serves an approximate 45 square-mile area and responds to over 900 calls per year. The Authority works closely in partnership with Dexter, Lowell, South Lane County, Eugene and Springfield Fire Departments under joint mutual aid agreements.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts